If you are looking for a reliable computer but can't afford to buy a new one, we got you covered! We sell refurbished desktops and laptops for a fraction of the price of a new computer, complete with warranty and our unbeatable service!
Refurbished computer is not the same as used! You may be able to find some cheap "deals" on Facebook marketplace or TradeMe but think twice before you buy one... why are they selling it? And do you really think you could get a computer that you can rely on from someone who doesn't know anything about them and just trying to get rid of their old junk?
There is usually a reason that person is selling it! It’s probably slowed to a crawl, making weird noises or flat out broken in a way you’d never discover until too late. Refurbished computers are the complete opposite. They’re computers that have been given a new life, usually with a comprehensive repair.
When we get used computers as a trade-in or donation, we swap the failing and worn out components, like batteries and keyboards. We ALWAYS replace the aging hard drives with Solid State Drives (SSD) and that alone makes any computer made in the last 10 years perform better than most new computers!
What's this SSD thing? Glad you asked! Here is what we do when we upgrade computers and you can see the difference it makes!
We also reinstall the operating system, almost always Windows 10, or latest supported versions of Mac OS for Apple computers, install all drivers and updates, and include useful software, such as web browsers and Office suite. That's right, you can open and edit your Word and Excel documents without having to pay for expensive Microsoft Office!
Next, we put the computers through comprehensive hardware burn-in test to check that everything is working correctly. We provide a three months warranty on all systems that we sell. If you want more reassurance, we can give you one year warranty if you also sign up for our service plans. In a rare event that something goes wrong, we can usually fix the computers within a few days, instead of having to send them away to Australia, like some major retailers do.
Another benefit of buying a refurbished computer - it's good for the environment! Instead of filling up landfills with perfectly usable computers in a need of TLC, we save what's worth saving. You are helping our world by eliminating unnecessary and wasteful manufacturing, packing materials, and transportation of new goods. While you might not personally see the environmental impact of your decision to buy refurbished, rest assured the planet appreciates it!
Curious about pricing? These are indication of what you could expect
- Cheap home or office desktops - $350 to $500. Desktops from major retailers cost from $800 or more and still come with slow mechanical hard drives!
- Mid-range home or office desktops - $500 to $800. These usually perform better than $1200 new computers
- Cheap gaming computers - $600 to $1000. Will be good enough to play the majority of games at 1080p with low to mid settings.
- Mid-range gaming computer - $1000 to $1500. Comparable new computers are usually $2000+
Want a laptop?
- Cheap laptops, enough for browsing, office work and browsing - $350 to 500. Anything new under $1000 will probably be junk! By the way, read about why you shouldn’t buy cheap Windows laptops!
- Mid-range laptops, enough for multitasking, video and image editing - from $500.
- High-end laptops, great for professionals and creative work - from $1000.
- Gaming laptops - we don't recommend and sell any but we can order a new one for you
We usually have couple dozen refurbished computers in stock so if you are looking for something, it's best to stop by at our shop to have a chat about your needs and budget. We will then help you select the right computer for you.