New Computer Sales
Is it time to replace your old computer? If you looking for a new laptop or desktop, talk to us first! We will help you find what’s best for your needs and budget, transfer data from your old computer, and set up your new computer the way you want it
Why Buying Computers from Large Retail Stores is a Bad Idea
There are so many places to buy computers from. Nelson City alone has a few chain stores, not to mention dozens of online shops. Sometimes you can get a pretty good deal but more often than not, you will get disappointed
- Most sales people don't really know much about computers. They won't ask what your needs are, what programs you use, and what features you require
- Retail stores markups often exceed 100%. When there is a sale and you see up to 20 to 60% off, it's probably the only time when prices are reasonable
- Typical computers sold there feature "blistering performance", "enhanced productivity", and "unparalleled speed and power" but none of those claims are usually true
- Most brand new computers come loaded with crapware, trial versions of programs, and antivirus suites that only work for 30 days!
- Usual consumer grade laptops suffer from cheap plastic design, under-perform, have ancient technology hard drives, and don't offer longevity and reliability
- Retail stores don't mind selling junk at rock bottom price. Reputation? Who cares? Will that $599 laptop last beyond the warranty? May be.
- Retail stores aren't authorized to fix computers by warranty. They usually end up sending these away and you can wait a few weeks for your repaired computer
- "Special deal" and "Clearance" models are the worst - they are obsolete inventory and will typically perform slower than your old laptop!
Brand new laptop running out of space? Do you expect this to last and be reliable?
Why Buy Computers From Us?
We will consider your budget and needs and can find the best bang for your buck!
- We can order computers from our distribution network, bypassing large retailers and their markup. Ordering and receiving usually takes two business days
- We prefer to sell business grade computers. They are built to last and offer up to four years of on-site warranty
- Rather than selling whatever has been on the floor too long, we can order computers tailored to your requirements
- We can set up your new computer, transfer data from your old one, and provide a service plan that will protect your computer and data from malware, hackers, breakage and disasters
- We can accept your old computer as a trade-in. Depending on its condition, we will either refurbish them (save the environment!) or recycle for free
Why You Can't Buy a Decent Computer Cheap!
Reliable and fast new computers usually cost at least $1500. You will save hundreds of dollars over the lifetime though!
Remember this famous quote by Terry Pratchett?
“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.
Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles
But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that’d still be keeping his feet dry in ten years’ time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.”